Want to be a part of our team?
Dimension Data is a proud member of the NTT Group, a global IT powerhouse headquartered in Japan. As part of NTT, we deliver a wide range of IT services and solutions to clients around the world. Although the Dimension Data brand was retired in some parts of the world in 2019, it remains well-recognized in the Middle East and Africa. Join us and become part of the NTT family as we continue to provide innovative solutions that help our clients achieve their business objectives.
Working at NTT
The primary objective of the Vice President of Sales is to provide direction to front-line sales managers driving consistent results and performance across their sales teams.This role oversees a group of sales managers who manage the quota-bearing team(s). This role has the responsibility to provide executive presence primarily to their teams to drive the execution of the strategy across the segments they are responsible for.
Key Role and Responsibilities:
- Translates the global sales strategy and regional strategic objectives into a regional sales strategy.
- Acts as the MEA Sales Leader interfacing into Global and other MEA Countries
- Contributes to the executive management of the regional organisation and ensures on a continuous basis that the regional sales organisation flexibly reacts and is aligned to current business drivers, organisational initiatives and regional programmes.
- Drives a sales culture by sharing best practices, developing and sustaining cross functional relationships and filtering information downwards.
- Provides direction for team/direct reports to develop corporate/organisational policies and authorise their implementation.
- Compiles the most lucrative growth areas for new sales in the region and set regional sales targets in line with the global sales targets to ensure that organisational growth objectives can be met.
- Responsible for the leadership of sales function, setting and managing budgets, creating, and executing on plans and reporting on the team activities in the required forums.
- Identifies and evaluates fundamental issues, providing strategy and direction for the Sales function.
- Influences peers across other groups (including Marketing, Communications, Product and Channel Partners (OpCo)) to drive success.
- Develops and drives execution of sales objectives by forecasting and developing annual sales quotas for regions and territories; projecting expected sales volume and profit for existing and new products.
- Develops and ensures the implementation of sales programmes by developing field sales action plans.
- Manages and drives sales volume, product mix, and selling price by keeping current with supply and demand, changing trends, economic indicators, and competitors.
- Develops and maintains strategic relationships with internal and external partners to the benefit of their clients.
- Interfaces at executive level across a broad range of entities and interested parties, including partners, business leaders, key influencers, and decision makers.
Knowledge, skills and attributes:
- Sales business acumen – the skills supporting successful selling through organizational and business outcome mindset. Success will require focusing on planning, leveraging tools and data, and concentrating on NTT Ltd business requirements. Developing the skills to understand your client’s business (including commercial and financial aspects) to bring value to them from NTT’s portfolio of services.
- Sales client engagement and management – the skills used to effectively manage and analyze the client throughout the client lifecycle, with the goal of improving client relationships and driving sales growth. Success will require detailed understanding of client needs, effective sales planning, and building trust, all while managing to client expectations. Developing the skills required to know your client, building effective & lasting relationships with them and to be seen as a trusted advisor.
- Sales solution skills – the knowledge of NTT’s offerings, client applications, use cases and market trends and the skill to apply them to individual client and prospect situations that positions the sales team member as an expert client advisor. Success will require the ability to link NTT Ltd offerings, including high-value services to specific client and prospect needs and outcomes.
- Sales resources optimization – building internal relationships, working with pursuit teams and leveraging vendors as resources throughout the sales cycle.
- Sales pursuit – the skills and knowledge that enable a sales team member to create success by identifying and advancing opportunities at assigned prospects and clients. Success will require both individual ownership as well as accountability for coordinating internal and external resources in order to close sales opportunities.
- Sales strategy execution – The skills to ensure that the sales strategy is aligned to the business strategy.
- Sales business management – the skills to ensure that target setting and associated processes is aligned to meeting the target.
- Sales talent management and enablement – the skills to ensure that results are achieved through effective talent management.
Academic Qualifications and Certifications:
- Business related degree with strong track record in sales and marketing strategy (tech focus preferable).
- Extensive demonstrated experience in a similar role within an Information Technology Services organisation
- Extensive demonstrated experience managing and leading a sales team(s) across a large geography
- Extensive demonstrated experience dealing with strategic clients and engaging to influence sales
- Extensive strategic sales planning and sales execution experience
- Proven track record managing financial results and finanial budgets
- Proven track record of achieving sales quota within the last 3 years
What will make you a good fit for the role?
Equal Opportunity Employer
NTT is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer with a global culture that embraces diversity. We are committed to providing an environment free of unfair discrimination and harassment. We do not discriminate based on age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, veteran status, or other protected category
Country; South Africa
City; Johannesburg, Gauteng
CLICK HERE TO APPLY