New Job Opportunities at NIMR Tanzania;- The National Institute for Medical Research is Looking For a Full Time Qualified…
New Job Opportunities at NIMR Tanzania
The National Institute of Medical Research (NIMR) is a quasi-governmental organization established by Parliament Act No. 23 of 1979 (CAP 59, R.E.2002) and began operating in 1980.
The National Institute of Medical Research (NIMR) Muhimbili Center is looking for qualified full-time Tanzanians to fill the following positions of
- Project Coordinator,
- Study Doctor,
- Clinical Research Nurse,
- Research Officer and
- Project Accounts Officer.
On behalf of the Director General of the National Institute of Medical Research, the Director of the Muhimbili Center for Medical Research Center wishes to advertise the mentioned positions which require motivated and competent Tanzanians to fill the positions on an annual contract basis with possibility of renewal.
Study Physician: (1 position)
The study physician will provide clinical leadership on project teams. He/she will provide medical/scientific consultations and treatment expertise. This position is primarily responsible for overseeing the study of specific medical/safety control activities, ensuring compliance with ethical, legal and regulatory standards as well as sponsored standard operating procedures.
New Job Opportunities at NIMR Tanzania
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Daily operation of clinical trials;
- Communication between ward staff and study personnel;
- Screening, scoring and randomization of study participants;
- Daily clinical management of participants;
- Report any SAEs and SUSARs immediately to the local principal investigator;
- Complete AE forms within 24 hours of their occurrence and report the AE/SAE/SUSAR to the local and international principal investigator;
- Complete progress reports for DSMB/TSC and Ethics Committees;
- Liaise with the study coordinator in ordering experiment equipment;
- Ensure that Case Report Forms (CRFs) are accurate and up-to-date;
- Ensure faxing of CRF and AE forms using Redcap;
- Examine and record all laboratory results of the trial participants;
- Laboratory transport and storage of samples: serum, urine, plasma (in conjunction with the laboratory technician);
- Follow-up of study participants for six months from the date of appointment;
- Responsible for ensuring safe storage and adequate supplies of IMP and consumables in conjunction with the pharmacist;
- Ensure laboratory specimen collection, storage and shipment as required;
- preparing for external monitoring visits;
- On-site monitoring of the trial (laboratory, pharmacy, clinical areas, data entry) and
- To perform any other related duties assigned by the supervisor.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
1. Master of Medicine (M. Med) is registered with the Tanganyika Medical Council and must hold a MD degree;
2. Experience working with a research organization or research institution.
3. Ability to have good analytical skills, to understand complex topics, and to extract and communicate relevant information from data and documents;
4. Ability to prepare comprehensive project documentation and prepare reports. Use of MS Office software, for internal communication and stakeholders;
5. Expert project management skills, including demonstrated ability to define scoping,
stakeholder management, schedule/task activity management, change management and risk reporting;
6. Excellent organizational skills with the ability to organize time appropriately and effectively.
7. Strong language skills Fluent in spoken and written English and Swahili including presentation skills.
8. Previous experience in clinical trials and knowledge of good clinical practice is highly desirable. and/or previous experience in project management would be an added advantage;
9. Self-motivated. Able to work independently to complete tasks, respond to department requests, and collaborate with others to leverage their resources and knowledge to identify quality solutions.
10. Strong skills in organization, planning and project management.
11. Ability to prioritize tasks for both self and team to meet requirements and deadlines.
Reporting: The study physician will inform the principal investigator of the project.
Contract: A one-year contract that may be renewed on the basis of performance and mutual agreement.
Work station: The work station will be in Dar es Salaam.
Compensation: A competitive stipend will be awarded to a successful candidate
HOW TO APPLY FOR New Job Opportunities at NIMR Tanzania
- All applications must be accompanied by photocopies of relevant certificates and a detailed CV.
- Applicants are to submit their applications no later than 09 January 2022 to the address below.
- Only selected applicants will be contacted.
Direct requests to: General Manager
National Institute of Medical Research
3 Barack Obama Drive
s. B 9653
11101 Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
For more information just visit https://www.nimr.or.tz/
Jobs Opportunities at Soweto
25 Job Opportunities at Amref Tanzania
Teaching Jobs in Tanzania 2022