Lindi District Council
Lindi District Council is among of the oldest local authorities in Lindi Region. It was established in 1953 and by that time it was known as Lindi Native Authority (LNA). It is one among of the six districts in Lindi Region.
Lindi District Council is located in the South East of Tanzania main land and is one among of the six councils forming Lindi Region. Formation of this District was under the “Local Government (District Authorities) number 7 years 1982, after formation to be the local Government in 1972. According to the Region Law, The aim was to provide social service nearer to the society.
Lindi District Council is located in the South East of Tanzania main land and is one of the six councils forming Lindi Region. Lindi District Council lays between Latitude 100 -110 South of Equator and Longitude 380-390 East of Greenwich. The District, borders with the Indian Ocean to the east and Kilwa District in the north. Newala, Tandahimba and Mtwara Districts of Mtwara Region share borders with the District in the south while Masasi District and Ruangwa Districts borders the district to the west.
The Lindi District is administratively divided into thirty wards.
READ ALSO>>>LATEST JOBS IN TANZANIA