What Conditions Must Be Met To Be Eligible For The R350 Grant? | The South African Social Security Agency (Sassa) is currently processing the R350 grant payments, therefore applicants must continue to adhere to the grant’s prerequisites. Here is everything you need to know regarding the qualifications and the application procedure.
You may also check: SASSA Latest Updates Today 13th On R350 Grant Requirements
What Are The Requirements To Receive The R350 Grant?
The R350 Social Relief of Distress (SRD) grant’s current cycle of payments is still in progress. However, in order to be eligible, applicants must still satisfy the standards set forth by the South African Social Security Agency (Sassa), which are as follows:
Here Are The Requirements To Receive The R350 Grant
- Be Unemployed
- Must have income of R624 or less per month
- Be a South African citizen, permanent resident, refugee, a holder of a special permit under the Special Angolan Dispensation, the Lesotho Exemption Permit Dispensation; Zimbabwe Exemption Permit Dispensation; or an Asylum seeker with a valid section 22 permit or visa
- Be between the ages of 18 and 59 years old
- Reside within the borders of South Africa
- Be registered on the Home Affairs database or Sassa’s social grant database for individuals without ID documents.
- Not living in a government Institution or subsidised institution
- Not receiving covid-19 Social Relief of Distress grant
- Not receiving Unemployment Insurance Fund (UIF) Benefits or National Student Financial Aid Scheme (Nsfas) support or any other social grants distributed by Sassa
Applicants for the R350 grant must submit their applications online by following the steps outlined below, which is problematic for those who do not have access to the internet.
Also check: Here’s What Causes R350 Grant Appeal Delays
How to Submit a Sassa R350 Grant Application
- Website of the SASSA: https://srd.sassa.gov.za
- [email protected] is the address.
- SMS number: 082 046 8553 (WhatsApp message this number with this message. In the WhatsApp message, make sure to mention your name, last name, and ID number. Following that, you’ll get a message with instructions on what to do next.)
- USSD line: Enter *134*7737# and adhere to the instructions.
- GovChat login: https://govchat.app
- Facebook: GovChat.org (www.facebook.com).
After submitting your application, you will have to sign a statement and consent form because Sassa will verify your information with organizations including SARS, NSFAS, the Department of Labor, and the Department of Home Affairs.