GDE Admission 2022 | How to Register Or Apply Online;- Is your child/ward seeking GDE admission as either a 1st or 8th grade learner? Do you know what steps to take and documents to provide? Understanding and following the steps established by the GDE is essential because it determines what will eventually happen to the learner’s application status. So, whether you are a parent or guardian, in this article, you will discover the procedures you must follow when applying on behalf of your child/ward.
Applications are invited from qualified first and eighth class applicants.
Read Also: GDE Admissions 2022-2023
GDE Admission Guidelines and Forms
GDE Admission 2022 | For annual programs, students must pre-register at the end of the year for the following academic year. Registration forms must be accompanied by proof of payment of a non-refundable registration fee. Please bring a certified copy of your ID and the latest school report or certificate for registration purposes. All courses are subject to student numbers.
GDE Online Application Procedure
Log in to www.gdeadmissions.gov.za and click Register. Please follow each of the five steps below to apply.
Step 1: Register personal data
After entering the password, make sure that your password contains all of the following characters:
one lowercase alphabet
- 1 capital letter
- 1 numeric character
- one special character
- 8 characters or more
Enter the exact same password in confirm password
Step 1 (Registering Parental Details), you will receive an SMS with your username and password. Please save this information and use it to log in to view your applications at any time
Step 2: Address details
Step 3: Record learner details
Step 4: Apply to School
Step 5: Upload / Submit Documents
When your application is complete, you will receive an SMS with a reference number (please save this information).
There are 5 application options, namely:
- Option 1 – Home: The residence of the advanced learner is closest to the school within the feeding area
- Option 2 – Sibling/Previous School: The advanced learner has a sibling who goes to school (this does not apply to siblings who were already in grade 7 or grade 12 at the time of application)
- Option 3 – Work: the workplace of at least one of the parents of the applicant applying learner is located within the feeder zone of the school;
- Option 4 – 30 km within the school: the accommodation of the advanced learner is located 30 km from the school; or
- Option 5 – Farther than 30 km from the school: The accommodation of the advanced learner is located 30 km from the school
GDE Admission 2022 – To make sure your child is accepted into a school near your home address:
When registering your details:
(Step 1), be sure to write down your home address accurately
(Step 3), select the Home option to see the list of schools with feeding areas covering your home address. Apply to the schools closest to your home address
Note that placement depends on the number of places available in the school
How to solve common problems with the online GDE app
1. How to reset your password or wrong password:
- Click Forgot password
- You will receive an SMS with a one-time personal identification number (OTP)
- Enter the one-time password on the system and create a new one
2. If you are experiencing issues beyond the identity section, please follow these steps:
- Refresh the page.
- Make sure to enter the correct ID number.
- Your ID number is validated by the Department of Home Affairs (DHA).
- The system will provide all the vowels in your name and surname and you need to add the consonants.
- After adding the consonants, click OK/Submit to proceed with your request
3. If your location/address is incorrect or you cannot find your location/address:
- Click Can’t find the address and type in the type of area you live in
- You will be asked to enter your house number, street name and suburb/town
- If your address still does not appear in the list, click on the map and type your address in the address space search
- Note that you only have one chance to edit your home and/or business address.
4. To remove one of the schools for which you applied;
- Log in to the system on July 13, 2020.
- In my profile, under ‘Schools Applicable to’, you will be able to delete the school(s) and apply to another school
5. If you cannot find the schools you want to apply to in your area;
- Make sure you entered your home address correctly, and select the home address option within the feeding area
- If you do not see the school(s) you are looking for, type the name of the school in the search field
- If you still don’t see the school name appear, select the home address within 30 km option and type the school name in the search field
- The name of the school must appear in the drop-down list
6. If you can’t open Submit Page,
- Make sure that all the information you entered is 100% correct.
- If there is a red line around any square, you need to correct the information in that square
7. If you cannot login to the system;
- First click Register and add your personal information
- You will receive an SMS containing your username and password
- To log in later, use the recipients username and password
GDE Acceptance / Application Eligibility
- Only learners going to Class 1 and Class 8 in 2022 can apply for the GDE Admission System online
- Priority is given to applicants who apply to a school with a feeding area that covers their home address.
- Therefore, the first applicant will not be given priority for appointment to the school to which they are applying
- Parents must apply for all learners who are currently in grade R and in grade 7;
- Please go directly to a school in your area. The school will advise the availability of space
- You cannot apply online for a child repeating 1st / 8th grade.
- Non-South African nationals may apply
- To apply for your neighbor’s child or a sister/brother’s child, do not use your own profile. You must record the details (ID number, cell phone number and address) of your neighbour/sister/brother on their children’s applications.
- You can apply to a maximum of 5 different schools for one child
- Each parent may apply for a maximum of 3 children per class. This means that each parent can advance to Grade 1 for 3 different learners to Grade 8 for 3 other different learners.
- Parents in different homes are allowed a total of 5 requests per learner
- You cannot use the GDE online admission system to apply to schools in other provinces
- The child must be five years of age and six by 30 June 2022. You will not be able to apply for a child younger than this. There is no age limit to apply to first grade. However, learners who are over an age may be redirected for admission to the relevant level
- You must submit two applications if you are applying for twins, the system will later recognize the same date of birth on your profile to ensure the twins go to the same school
Parents have 30 days to apply and must not form crowds at reception centers
Upload supporting documents
- Applicants may upload certified copies of the required documents online to one of the schools to which they have applied. This constitutes step 5 of the application process. Other schools you have applied to will be able to view (see) the documents
- If the documents are submitted in hard copy, applicants must submit certified copies of the required documents to all schools to which they have applied
- You do not have to submit your documents to the school if you have already uploaded them to the system
- Submit documents to schools only if you cannot upload them to the system
- Each document must be scanned and uploaded separately
- All documents must be certified
- You will see the attachment on the system to indicate that you have attached your documents
- You will also receive an SMS confirming the submission of documents
- If you see your attachment on the system, the school can also see it
- If there are issues with the documents you have submitted, the school will send you an SMS asking you to send hard copies if the uploaded documents cannot be verified.
GDE Application Fee
The application fee is specified on the application form.
Make sure your order is complete.