How To Access Keychain On Iphone | iCloud Keychain is a feature of your Apple account that you can use to keep your website login credentials, personal data, credit card details, and wireless network information up to date and available on all your Apple devices.
With so many usernames and passwords to remember these days, iCloud Keychain provides a convenient way to always have that information close at hand. And with an autofill feature, iCloud Keychain can enter your credentials when needed.
It’s also extremely secure thanks to Apple’s use of end-to-end encryption. This means you can only access your information, and only on devices where you’re signed in to iCloud. Read on to find out how to enable iCloud Keychain on your iOS devices.
How to enable iCloud Keychain on your iPhone or iPad
- Open the Settings app and tap your Apple ID logo at the top of the Settings menu.
- Tap on iCloud.
- Scroll down the list and select Keychain.
- Toggle on the iCloud Keychain and enter your Apple ID password if prompted.
If this is the first time you’ve enabled iCloud Keychain, you’ll be prompted to create an iCloud Security Code or use your device’s existing passcode. You will also need to enter a phone number where you can receive SMS messageas for authorization purposes. If you’ve enabled iCloud Keychain in the past, you’ll be prompted to enter the passcode that was used to set it up earlier.
Access your iCloud Keychain login details
With iCloud Keychain enabled, Apple’s AutoFill feature will fill in your login credentials whenever it finds relevant input fields on a website or in an app. Sometimes you may encounter a login screen that doesn’t work well with autocomplete. In such cases, you will need to copy and paste the username and password manually. This is how you do it.
- Open the Settings app on your iOS device.
- Click Accounts & Passwords.
- Tap App & website passwords and use Touch ID if prompted.
- Click the relevant login entry in the list or, using the search field at the top of the Passwords screen, type the name of the application or website for which you want login credentials.
- Long press the username/password and tap the Copy pop-up option.
- Now go back to the relevant app or website, tap and hold on the username/password input field and tap on the Paste pop-up option.
Note that you can remove login credentials by clicking Edit at the top right of the passwords screen. You can also touch a website entry and use the Edit option to change your existing username and password fields.
Add credit cards and personal information
You can add personal and credit card information to iCloud Keychain at any time with your iPhone or iPad, after which it’s available on all of your devices. Just follow these steps:
- Open the Settings app.
- Click Safari.
- Click AutoComplete.
- To add personal information, click “My Information” and select your contact card from the contact list. To add credit card details, tap Saved Credit Cards, then tap Add Credit Card.
The last screen you see here also includes three toggles to selectively disable/re-enable the autofill features, which can come in handy if someone else is going to be using an iPhone or iPad.