Jamb Admission Status 2022/2023: Status Check
The Joint Admissions and Examinations Board (JAMB) is the Nigerian Entrance Examination Board for Higher Education Institutions.
JAMB Admission Portal 2022/23 – Joint Admission Board and Admission Matriculation, JAMB Admission Status Portal is now active for candidates to check if they have been successfully admitted. See how you can check your admission status 2022/23 on the JAMB portal and latest update below. Read on!
The Joint Admission and Matriculation Board has activated the portal where Direct Entry and UTME candidates can now check or confirm their admission status for 2020/2022 academic session and all other years.
Checking admission status on the JAMB portal is absolutely free.
Some schools may not publish their admission list on time. Candidates who have applied for admission into such schools can know when they have been offered admission by checking the JAMB Admission Status Check Portal.
Read a bit about the Joint Admissions Board (JAMB) before you continue seeing the HSC portal.
The Council conducts the Unified Undergraduate Entrance Examination for prospective undergraduates into Nigerian Universities.
The Board is also charged with the responsibility of administering similar examinations for Nigerian public and private applicants, polytechnics, and colleges of education.
The mission of the Joint Admissions Board (JAMB) is to reliably measure candidates’ abilities and determine their suitability for higher education.
Check Admission Status 2022/23 on JAMB Portal
If you do not have an account with JAMB (especially candidates from 2016 onwards), you will have to create an account to check your admission status. Learn how to create a JAMB account.
If you already have a JAMB profile, then go through the five (5) simple steps given below on how to check your admission status on the JAMB Admission List Portal:
Step 1: Go to the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) electronic facilities portal – https://portal.jamb.gov.ng/efacility.
Step 2: Log in to your Jamb profile using your username and password.
Step 3: After successfully logging in, scroll down, select the site and click on the Check Admission Status tab.
Step 4: Select the exam year and enter your registration number in the required columns.
Step 5: Finally, click on the Check Admission Status button to access your JAMB admission status.
Admission of candidates on the JAMB website
Successfully admitted candidates are advised to:
- Log in to the JAMB Central Admission Processing System (CAPS) and accept or decline their admission.
- Print their JAMB Acceptance Letter after accepting admission. This will be required during clearance and registration.
- Print your original JAMB result slip (comes with your passport photo affixed to it).
- Apply for a change of course on the JAMB portal if courses are offered different from those they initially applied for.
What to do if you are not accepted on the JAMB portal
Not yet recognized? If yes, please note the following:
JAMB 2022 Chemistry Syllabus and Recommended Textbooks for UTME
1. Log in to JAMB CAPS to check upload your O’level result
It is important to check whether your O’level result has been uploaded to the JAMB portal or not. As failure to upload your O’level result can affect your admission status in JAMB.
- Log in to your JAMB profile (https://www.jamb.org.ng/efacility_/)
- Click on “Check Admission Status”
- Then click on “Access my CAPS”
- Finally, click “My O’level” to confirm if your O’level has been uploaded. If you have not visited any accredited JAMB CBT center nearby to upload your O’level result. Candidates whose CAPS O’level status indicates ‘Pending Result’ cannot be processed for admission.
2. Check if you have been recommended for transfer
Based on the JAMB CAPS implementation policy, institutions are entitled to consider some candidates for transfer from one selection program to another due to UTME and O’level combinations.
Candidates are expected to monitor their admission by following the a-c instructions above and then clicking on the “Accept Transfer” link to see if they are recommended for transfer to another programme.
You are required to either accept or decline this transfer consideration. If you agree, your first choice institution will be able to accept you into the new program.
If you decline, you will remain in your preferred course/program. The transfer of the program will not be affected.
3. I have applied for JAMB UTME with result awaiting.
Candidates who have used “Waiting Result” during their registration are to upload their O’Level result on the JAMB portal so that their chosen institution will process their admission.
Direct Entry candidates including JUPEB students must upload their A-level and O’level results to avoid disqualification. This is to enable screening officers to determine their qualifications for admission.
FAQ About Jamb 2022 Admission Status Portal
1. How do I access the JAMB portal?
Answer = You can access the portal by logging on to https://www.jamb.gov.ng/Efacility.
2. Please how do I create and login to the JAMB system?
Answer = It is easy to create and login to efacility portal. Review and follow the steps in this post.
3. Do we need to create a JAMB efacility account before I can get JAMB services?
Answer = Yes, you have to. All JAMB online services are on the efacility portal. So before you can rate it, you have to create an account and log in.
4. Please, I need to know which CBT centers are accredited by JAMB for registration in 2022?
Answer = JAMB accredited CBT centers are spread across Nigeria. Click here to see it.
We hope this information on the JAMB Admission Status Portal has been helpful to you. Since not everyone has access to this article, you should share it with your friends who also need such information.