CBCT Scan Price
It is not uncommon for people to feel anxious about dental procedures. Many suffer from dental anxiety, but that doesn’t mean anyone should compromise their dental health. Dental problems can not only cause severe pain, but can also lead to lifelong problems. All problems related to the mouth, teeth, gums and tongue should be diagnosed and treated promptly.
What is dental imaging?
Dental imaging is similar to X-rays and is used to detect diseases, bacteria, and viruses in the mouth. Unlike x-rays, dental imaging consists of digital images rather than analog images. Dental imaging exposes you to 90% less radiation than conventional X-rays.
Read Also: Target Mytime Login
With the advent of technology, 3D dental imaging is now being used to formulate effective treatment plans, track disease progression, and diagnose any trauma. 3D images have a higher quality than 2D images and provide a more detailed view.
What are dental exams used for?
Dental cone computerized tomography (CT) is only used in situations where dental X-rays are not effective in diagnosing problems and achieving results. It is not used very often because the amount of radiation to which the patient is exposed is much higher. Like traditional CT scan teeth, cone scans also produce high-quality images. The conical beam technology is new and more cost-effective. It produces a 3D dental scan to diagnose problems more effectively.
Dental exams are used in the treatment of complex conditions, such as the following.
- Diagnosis and treatment of temporomandibular joint disorder
- Ensure accuracy of implant placement
- Examination and evaluation of problems in the jaw, sinuses, nasal cavity and nerve channels
- Diagnosis of jaw tumors and follow-up of their development
- Determine the underlying cause of the pain
- Assisting in reconstructive surgery by providing insight into the condition of the teeth
- A computerized tomography (CBCT) scan can be lifesaving. If you have been bothered by dental pain in the recent past, talk to your dentist today. Search for ‘CBCT Scan near me’ and visit the best one in Delhi.
What to expect during a dental CT scan
The procedures for a CT scan and a conventional dental exam are quite similar. Your head will be attached to a machine where you will need to remain still for the duration of the procedure. It is essential that you do not talk, chew, swallow or move your jaw as all of this can damage the image.
The cost of a computerized tomography (CBCT) scan may vary depending on the clinic you visit. In the Delhi area, it can cost anywhere between Rs. 999 and Rs. 2,999. If you are concerned about your dental health, see your dentist and schedule an appointment for a CT scan. Search for “dental check up near me” to find out more. In a typical dental imaging center, the examination alone takes less than a minute, while an X-ray can take up to half an hour.
How to prepare for a CBCT dental imaging: CBCT Scan Price
Fortunately, the price of a CBCT scan is not as high as most other dental procedures. It’s one of many reasons to have your teeth checked every few months. You should visit your dentist for a routine check-up at least once a year to make sure all is well. If your dentist feels that something is not right, they may send you a CBCT scan.
This is all you need to remember on the day of the examination.
- Unlike body scans, you do not need to take any precautionary measures before going for a CBCT scan.
- Contrary to popular belief, there is no need to starve yourself before the procedure.
- Always inform the lab technician of any underlying conditions you may have or any medication you are taking.
- Talk to your doctor first if you are pregnant. Since the procedure exposes the patient to radiation, it is not recommended for pregnant women. Your dentist may suggest other safe ways to diagnose the problem.
- Do not forget to carry all relevant documents, especially if you have had a CBCT examination in the past.
CBCT imaging is an important part of orthodontics. While it can be overwhelming, especially for those with dental anxiety, the process can help prevent many problems. Even if the problem is still developing, it is best to nip it in the bud rather than wait for it to get worse.