Introduction to Cloud Computing Technologies;-Cloud computing is a next-generation technology based on the internet and network that provides services to the user in multiple ways. It is a simple resource to outsource data and can be used temporarily as well and it is cost effective because customers can pay for what they use. To work on cloud applications, the requirements are fast internet connections and standard web browsers. Provides scalable, on-demand access to the customer instantly by sharing its collection resources with the customer’s web pages or IP.
Read Also: Identifying Cloud Computing Hardware
Top Cloud Computing Technologies
The different innovation of cloud computing are listed below:
It is the process of sharing license keys to physical instances of application among different users of the enterprise. The main purpose of this technology is to provide a standard version of the cloud application to all clients. It is popularly used for its flexibility and instant running process. Few types of virtualization are
- Hardware Virtualization: If the virtual machine is directly installed on hardware servers then it is called Hardware virtualization because it is easy to control a Virtual Machine than a physical server.
- Operating System Virtualization: If the virtual machine is installed in a guest server instead of the hardware system, then it is called as Operating system Virtualization. It increased the testing situation of various software on various OS platforms,
- Server Virtualization: If the virtual machine is installed on the system it is called Server Virtualization. It is divided into multiple resources and utilized for load balancing on-demand basis.
- Storage Virtualization: The process of collecting physical storage from different network storage devices is called Storage Virtualization. It is mainly used for back-up and recovery.
2. Service-Oriented Architecture
SOA is an application which divides the services into individual business functions and procedure daily. This unique component of cloud application enables cloud-related arrangements that can be modified and adjusted on request as business needs. Service-oriented system diffuses two major components, one is Quality as service and other as software as service. The function of Quality of service is to identify the function and behavior of a service from a different view. Software as a service provides a new delivery model of software which is inherited from the world of application service providers
Introduction to Cloud Computing Technologies
3. Grid Computing
This is a process of connecting multiple servers from multiple to achieve a common goal. Grid computing turns large problems into smaller ones and broadcast to servers and place them within the grid. It is mainly applied in e-commerce and intended to share the resources on huge scale cluster computing. A popular grid computing project is [email protected] The project aims to find the protein folding, misfolding and related diseases. It involves utilizing the power of unused computers and solve complex scientific problems
4. Utility Computing
This process relies on the pay-per-utilize model. It gives computational services on demand for a metered benefit. It mainly helps in cost-cutting by reducing initial investment. As the computing requirements for a business change, the billing also changes accordingly, without acquiring any additional cost. If the client usage has decreased, then billing cost also reduces accordingly.
This is Where we Use Cloud Computing?
Below is the point that explains the use of cloud computing.
1. Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS)
Cloud computing offers virtual and physical computers. Physical hardware is accessed by hypervisors that are grouped and managed by operational support networks. Cloud computing offers framework images for operating on physical hardware and programming applications. Infrastructure as a Service provides resources such as firewalls, IP addresses, monitoring services, stores, bandwidth, virtual machines, etc., all of which are available to customers at cost on a time basis. Examples: Windows Azure, Google Compute Engine, Amazon EC2, Rackspace.
2. Platform as a Service (PaaS)
It is the part of the application development and deployment platform as an available service to programmers or developers. They can utilize the basement to build, deploy, test and handle SaaS applications effectively. The major attributes of PaaS have point-and-snap equipment that empowers the programmer to design web-based applications. Some examples are Google, Force.com, Apache, AWS elastic beanstalk and Windows Azure.
3. Software as a Service (SaaS)
It is the transfer of applications to end users via web browsers. Cloud clients install it and can enable them to run on the cloud platform. But they are not mandatory for this process because they require software support and reduced maintenance. Instead, they can use SaaS mobile applications. The best example of this is the Office Suite. SaaS provides us with an application programming interface (API), which allows developers to create the desired application.
Benefits of Cloud Computing Technologies
The Advantages of cloud computing are as follows.
- High scalability: It requests the supply of resources on a large scale without any human intervention.
- High availability and reliability: The servers are available at the right time without any delay or disappointment
- Agility: It divides the resources effectively among the users and executes very quickly.
- Multi-sharing: By distributed computing, different clients from multiple areas share the same resources by fundamental infrastructure.
- Maintenance: It is user-friendly as they are easy to access from their place and doesn’t require any installation set up.
- Low cost: It is very cost-effective and pays to its usage.
- Services as pay to use mode: Application Programming Interface is given to customers to use resources and services and pay on the service basis.
- On-Demand Self Service: Cloud computing offers the required services and application to the client. With the login key, they can start to use without any human interaction and cloud service providers. It includes storage and virtual machines.
Introduction to Cloud Computing Technologies
- Advantages of Cloud Computing
- Manage workloads in a hybrid cloud model
- Identifying Cloud Computing Hardware